Saturday, October 30, 2010

What a fiasco

The red slide in the picture is the skyscreamer.

What does your 7 year old do while lost at WEM waterpark?
Let me start at the beginning.

Last night we had some free tickets to the waterpark from Noah's hockey team so Cam, Noah and I went. Sounds like fun, right?

We get there and the family change room is under construction so Cam has to go in with Noah. Not a big deal, really, but there were a lot of people there.

I get changed, go out to the waterpark and wait for the boys.
And wait.
And wait.
And some more.
Finally, Noah comes out with Cam still in his clothes. Cam dropped his swimsuit and they can't find it.
Ok. I send Noah out to play with his friends, take Cam to the entrance of the waterpark and get a male worker to help me out.
He takes Cam into the changeroom to look for his suit and comes out 10 minutes later.
No luck, can't find it.

While I was waiting for them I was thinking Cam's suit is inside out and so the same color as the back of his towel...I wonder if its wrapped up in there and he just can't see it.

I sent the worker back in to open their locker and yup, there it was.

However, the worker did not come back to the front and tell me all was well...he got hung up in the changeroom for 20 minutes and in the meantime Cam gets changed and goes out to play.

I am waiting again.
And again.
And again.

We have now been at the waterpark for 45 minutes. The worker comes out to tell me Cam found his suit and I am left now trying to find Cam in all the chaos of a zillion hockey teams all in the same, big, place.
Not an easy thing.

I am walking around looking for Cam and Noah ends up finding me and has a crying Cam with him.

It seems Cam was happy as could be doing his thing and he wanted to go down the skyscreamer. He is tall enough to do it so they didn't stop him at the top. However, he can't swim the full distance at the bottom in deep water so he ends up having to be rescued by a lifeguard.

This is when Noah found him. Noah actually watched "some kid" go down by himself and thought it was funny because he didn't realize it was Cam. That probably would have made it funnier.
Noah takes control of Cam and finds me. Thank goodness!

Now, why is Cam crying when he's had the adventure of his short lifetime?

"Cam, why are you crying?"

"The lifeguard" who saved my life "said I can't swim anymore without a parent."

"Of course you can't - you're 7! It's ok, I'm here now."

"But I can't go swimming without a parent."

"Cam, I'm you're parent."

"Oh. Let's go then." All tears have miraculously stopped.

To finish this story when it was time to go I forgot the code to get into my own locker and spent 15 minutes trying to figure it out. Luckily it did eventually work but the boys were left at the front finding out what it felt like to wait for someone.

Sheesh!


5 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh man. I hope your laughing about it now......cause I am giggling like mad. Only in sympathy...I swear. I can SO relate to this post. ; D

HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Joanne said...

that is tooooo funny ( sad at the same time and frustrating ) but funny too. glad it all worked out!

Jenee Stothart said...

Oh Kaylani, that is so hilarious! These are the stories that we remember for the rest of our lives if all went well all the time life would be so boring! MIss ya and too funny.

jessica said...

that is a fiasco!! a funny one though. (and frustrating too!)

jeannine said...

I can SO relate to this.... *sigh*

(funny how we can laugh about it later).