Thursday, July 3, 2008

To throw a 10 year olds party have...


1) The swimming pool. It was too cold for me, but the boys had fun! Luckily the weather held off and didn't start raining until the last boy was being picked up!

We had to drain the pool today because there was a big leak. I thought I could just top up the water every now and then, but, no. So, we drained it today, I'll patch it in the morning and hopefully fill it again tomorrow night. We'll have warm water again when it's time to put it away for the summer...LOL! It won't be that bad, but I am sad because it was nice and warm and now we have to start all over again!





2) The Astro Jump. This one came with boxing gloves and everything! Who doesn't love astro jumps at parties??













3) BBQ. This is what happens when you have the hamburgers from Costco that are 40 for $21 and a really dirty drip pan! ROFLOL!! (If my house isn't getting cleaned the BBQ for sure needs help! In my defense, if I waste a day cleaning that could turn into 25% of my summer GONE! You never know. Enjoy the warm weather when its here, I say! The burgers are pretty greasy and the drip pan was REALLY dirty. No worries though, I just turned the bbq off, let the flames do the cooking and then turned it back on when the flames were gone. Finished cooking the burgers and we're good to go!
My drip pan has now been changed, if you were wondering!





4) A pop guzzling contest. Noah picked Fresca. Yuck! No wonder we had boys spitting it out. I don't blame them, really.










5) The attendees. This is about 3/4 of the boys that were there. Noah is off to the right sitting in a chair opening presents. He mostly got money - holy cow the kid cleaned up. $90. He and his dad (grammar??) went out and got new goalie pads, a blocker and glove. I hope I get $90 when it's my birthday again.




6) I didn't get a picture, but we also had guitar hero and rock band on the Wii for them. It's pretty funny to be upstairs and listen to 10 boys singing "Roxanne" at the top of their lungs! Good times.

I have to admit, it is really nice at this age that I don't have to entertain the boys - just get everything going and let them ruin the house -oops, i mean, run all over the house. All I had to do was collect everyone for the pop guzzling and then cake eating and birthday song singing.

Well, one boy done for another year. Whatever will I do until the next birthday rolls around? Lets see...that would be Ryan turning 12. Holy cow! I'm much too young for this!

~Thanks for stopping by!
Kaylani

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Holy! to number 5. Nice!

LOL! to number 3. Love your way of thinking. I would do the same thing.