Tuesday, October 7, 2008

107

This is the number of socks that I matched yesterday. Let me clarify - I matched 214 socks to make 107 pairs. I have kind of been procrastinating matching socks, and when I've done laundry if the mate isn't right there, I've been throwing them in a laundry basket. Well, I needed something to do as an excuse to watch a movie I've been wanting to watch, so I sat down to match socks while I watched the movie. 107. I didn't even know we had that many pairs in the house. And, to make matters worse, there are still about 30 unmatched socks in my basket. Unbelievable! And to think I was going to just go buy new socks and start from scratch! That is how much I didn't want to do the job! I had Noah do 15 pairs as a chore one night, and the next 7 pairs I went to put on boys were not pairs. It made me think of my sister who didn't match socks ever (Does she now? I don't know!) and who always said she had another pair in her drawer just like it. Too funny! I don't think I'll let them pile up quite that much again!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! That is a LOT of socks. Was the movie good?

darlene said...

I throw all my socks in a basket too and match them once a week or so. I am amazed when I buy two packs matching that I have 15 odd socks from that pack?I don't think my socks like each other coz they don't mate- they seperate!!!!