Saturday, June 14, 2008

Not much to look at...YET!


This is definitely a work in progress! What you can't see - my beautiful bleeding heart basket hanging to the right of the Canada flag...the planter that you saw in my previous post. What you don't know...the dirt to the left of the sidewalk is new. As of this morning. Cam helped me dig out all the weeds that were there (we previously had a pine tree in that spot) then we spread topsoil and used a whole bag of grass seed on it. oops! It is suppose to cover a whole lot bigger area, but we figured "Why be stingy?" And Cam had fun letting the wind blow it out of his hands! Now we are hoping for rain as my hose won't reach that far for the sprinkler. I'll have to get the front tap fixed now! I'll get another picture at the end of the month when I am told by my husband that the right side of the yard will be finished! Yah - I can't wait!
Well, Kai just woke up, Ryan will be home soon from the 11 year old scout daycamp, Noah will be home from hockey in a bit, and Cam is looking for a snack. The washer just buzzed telling me its done, and, dang it all, the kiddies are gonna want to eat again today. I better run!
~Thanks for stopping by!
Kaylani

3 comments:

Janine said...

It's all looking good girl! Now all you have to do is have a party!!!

Seriously though, Its fun to see it all coming along.

LaVerle said...

All your planters look great! I love those bubbling boulders too -hope you get one in your front yard. Just finished reading "The Silver Compass" Now I am going to get the other books by Holly Kennedy. By the way, that is a peony -how can you not like peonies??

Lynn said...

Ooooo!!! I love the boulders too. Lucky girl! They are hard to come by around here.. Gotta pay mucha dolla for those.