Sunday, April 27, 2008

B4S

I am coining a new phrase. B4S. Before Sick. I've noticed a lot of changes to our routine since having sick children for over a week. Specifically with Kai. B4S I would hear him wake up, go into his room and play a game peeking at him through the slats of his crib. Now, I dread him waking up because that means I 'll have to go in and deal with either a) puke everywhere- matted to his head, stuck to his hands... or b) the stinkiest explosion mishaps EVER that somehow the diaper fails to catch. I'm talking to the neck, down both legs mishaps. If it was an extremely good nap I'll get to deal with both. B4S we would have meals at a regular time and take a regular length of time to eat. Now, we have mac & cheese twice a day because that is what Ryan is best at making. (I think we need to work on this). I just don't feel like cooking when everything I make I end up seeing again in a less than favorable situation. B4S I did one load of laundry a day and was always pretty much caught up. Now I do al least 3 loads a day and should be doing 4! This happens when 2 of the loads are crib sheet, blanket, clothes off baby and towel from baby having bath. Yes, the towel gets washed daily because who really knows if everything really came off in the bath? B4S Kai went to bed at 7pm. If he held out that long. Now, he has 2 or 3 really longs naps in the day and stays up later. Today his naps were 2 then 3.5 hrs long. I wonder what time he'll go to bed tonight. Not necessarily a bad thing, just different. One last thing...definitely a good thing...B4S Kai was not a cuddler. Now, all he wants to do for most of the time he's awake is cuddle. Sad he's sick, happy he cuddles!
~Wish me health!
Kaylani

4 comments:

erin said...

lady, I know exactly what you are going through!!! I think my life was word for word the same last week. Last night I heard Hannah coughing in her bed and jumped up and ran as fast as i could to her room, only to realize that I don't need to listen for that "1st cough"!

jessica said...

being sick stinks. Having sick kids is worse. I wish you health!!

I just saw your collage. It looks great. great job. Isn't it so much fun?? I noticed, however, that you are in none of the pictures. what's up with that? I hope it turns out from Costco.

Anonymous said...

oh deary that is just awful that you guys are so sick!! I wish you health and quickly!! I feel for ya sista! I'l talk to you tomorrow when I get home from playschool. till then happy sleeps and may your only surprize in the morning is that there is neither puke or poop! Love ya, Leanne

Lynn said...

The ONLY upside to sick kids for sure is the cuddling part. Hope ALL the germs are leaving your house soon.