Wednesday, April 2, 2008

MY FIRST...


SHAKER CARD!!! How fun is this!?! There are maybe a few too many beads in it, but I love it!
I used a round coaster (again, FUN!) and cut out the centre using my coluzzle, then glued a piece of acetate (transparency) on top, then covered with the patterned paper which I had traced before glueing the acetate on. I sanded the outside edge. Then, turn the coaster upside down, pour some micro beads into the centre, then glue another piece of acetate on the back to keep the beads in. I did it this way so that I could play with the placement after the beads were in without having to worry about losing all the beads! The back is the dotted BG stamp clear embossed on going gray paper, add some ribbon and whala!! A cute "Get Whale Soon!" card! I got the idea to use a coaster as the base for the shaker here. Keep scrolling down until you get to March 18th.
Thanks for stopping by!
~Kaylani

3 comments:

Lauren said...

So cute - great job with the shaker!

Lynn said...

YOu make the cutest cards! Do you sell these just on-line? OR is there a store that takes them? Or do you just give away to lucky friends and family? I am just beginning to see that this is a WAY cool hobby of yours.

Anonymous said...

wow very cute card Kate!!! you are very talented!!!Leanne