Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What a day!

I can't believe how smoothly the day went! You know how some days you are so busy but as you're laying in bed thinking about it you really can't say exactly what you got done? Today was not one of those days!!

I started out getting Ryan to school early for a pancake breakfast - his teacher was hosting as they were writing HLAT tests all morning.

Cam had to be at his friends house for 10:15 as they were going to the zoo for the day. We are not sure exactly what they saw, but they insist it was a gorilla. As far as I know, our little zoo does not have a gorilla. Ah, to be 4 again!

Kai had his one year check up at 10:50. Where has the year gone? Holy smokes! He is doing great - 50% percentile for height and weight. I think it was Ryan who was off the charts from the time he was 3 months old until they quite plotting his measurements on a chart! Kai started giving hugs and kisses. Too cute!

I had to be downtown for an exam at 1pm. It went well, thanks for asking. Then, I popped into the passport office to see about Kai's passport since I was down town. OMGosh!! I got my number and walked right up to the counter!! There was no one sitting, waiting in the chairs! 10 minutes later I was leaving the building!

Since things went so quick I stopped at the Motor Vehicle office to renew my drivers. Oops...it expired on my birthday! I'm sure you all remember that was back in March. Happy day - when I went into the building my hubby was standing in line to get a new license as well. His was stolen:( the other day. I got to chat with Per for 20 minutes while we waited in line. Fun times. I must admit I like talking to the guy!

Then, off to pick up Cam from his buddies and Ryan and Noah are home from school.

Light up the BBQ quick for hot dogs and then rollerblading off to get Noah to cubs. They were at a home about 10 blocks away tonight so I rollerbladed, Kai was in the stroller and Cam and Noah rode bikes.

Pick up Noah quick, then get Ryan to scouts. Hurry fast or we'll be late!

Ryan is currently at scouts, but Perry has a meeting at the stake centre tonight so he can bring Ryan home. Yah! Kai is in bed, Noah and Cam are having bedtime snacks, then heading off to bed.

I have to say, my home has seen cleaner days, but I am sitting and watching a show tonight. Maybe American Idol. I think they are getting close to being finished. Should be nice, light, interesting entertainment for an hour. I am not cleaning tonight! On that thought, I left messages with a couple of cleaning companies tonight. I think I'm getting a maid weekly for the the summer. One mom can definitely not do it all! I have no idea why we try! Give ourselves a break, I say! Especially when we need to repeat everything...well almost everything...just substitute soccer for cubs and scouts...again tomorrow!

Well, off to get the kiddies to bed and then put my feet up!

~Thanks for stopping by!
Kaylani

3 comments:

erin said...

Good job MOMMY!

jessica said...

whew...i got tired just reading it! (not in a bad way)

Lynn said...

LOL!!!! I can SO relate. Good for you for killing two birds with one stone. Exercising (roller blading) while getting the kids to where they need to be. Way to stay organized!
That maid thing for the summer is NOT a bad idea at all. Tell me how it goes. I would love to do the same thing.