Saturday, May 31, 2008

What was I thinking?

Ok,
So Cam had a soccer game today. I decided we would bike/rollerblade/stroller it to the game. It wasn't that far away. It took a little longer than I thought it would to get there and we arrived 10 minutes late. Not a big deal really, for a 4 year old game. However, Cam was tired and just wanted to rest and watch the game and eat a hot dog. I tried convincing him the hot dog was for after the game, but to no avail. He finished just as the game ended. It was kinda funny because he wanted to go play and everyone was lining up to shake hands! Now, we still had to get home. He got about 2 blocks from the field and was then too tired to bike. Picture this: me on rollerblades (I'll be the first to admit I probably couldn't roller blade without the balance a stroller provides.), Kai in the stroller, Cam's bike balancing on the top of the stroller canopy, Cam hanging on for dear life while I piggy back him. LOL! Then, it starts to rain. We are about 1 block from home and he decides he can bike again. About 20ft later he wasn't watching where he was going and ran straight into a city sign about streetcleaning. Then, in our back alley I got a rock stuck in one of the rollerblades and it wouldn't roll, so I has kinda blading with one foot, hopping with the other and just trying not to fall. Really, I couldn't make this up! Whatchagonna do other than laugh?

4 comments:

Lynn said...

How about pee my pants???!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! Girl.....you got me splitting a gut here. I can hardly even type....I am shaking so much. That is WAY too funny. Sorry. I bet it wasn't funny for you. But you sure made my day!
My kids are sleeping next door and I am sure I have woke them up. I am Still laughing out loud. Your description is priceless....
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erin said...

That's an awesome story, and too funny. It's hilarious when just one thing after another happens!

Anonymous said...

I love you!!! you are soooo funny! as the other reader said, I can hardly type, as I'm laughing so hard! it is stories like that that I remember just as I'm crawling into my vehicle instead of walking to something!! Leanne

jessica said...

I told Brian and we both had a very good chuckle. That funny kid!