Monday, February 25, 2008

chore chart

I am so excited to start using this allowance chore chart. It turned out better than I thought it would. I love it when that happens! I had a list that we used before, but it was hard for me to change their chores easily. I made the cards 3.5" x 2.5" so they would fit inside a collection card protecter sheet. These are the chores they have to do 3 times a week for their allowance. I don't always need the same 3 things done, so this will make it easy to change them out! Too exciting!! It is color coded too. Cam is green (with pictures), Ryan is red and Noah is blue.

Here are my extra cards to use at another time. I can add more if I think of other chores for them. I'll let you know how it works! Actually, this is more for me - they couldn't care less how the chart looks! They followed the old one just fine, but I hated all the crossed out stuff and how junky it looked. (FYI: I do have them do jobs or rather "their responsibilities" daily just because they live here, but that is a different sheet) I got this fab idea from a lady who just did a class for us on Teaching Children Responsibility. It was great!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Kaylani

3 comments:

erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erin said...

okay i'll try this again. Everytime i try to post on peoples blogs, it brings up this old comment i left a really long time ago.

I was saying...that your system looks so smart and easy!

Thanks for commenting on my blog, if we just comment on each others, we'll both be happy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch!! I have been looking forever for a simple solution to a hygiene/chore chart for my 3 year old Alec. He will love the "hockey" cards we will make just for him.