Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fabulous Friday!

On Friday my SS (sweet sister, do I have this cyberlingo right?) offered to watch my 2 children while I spent the day shopping in Sherwood Park. I don't normally go to Sherwood Park to shop, but I wanted to check out the new scrapbook stores there. Of course I said yes to my SS, and a friend and I headed out. What fun! First we hit Scapbook Memories and More (I might be a word or two off of the name) and I was really tempted to buy this too cute album. When I got to the till to pay the lady in front of me was using a Michael's 40% off coupon. So now of course I have to go back with a coupon and get the album! I can't wait! Plus, they are expanding so of course I'll have to go when they have a grand opening! Next, off to Scrapbook Divas. This is such a cute store! And, guess who else was shopping there when we were? Talia Audenart and Kim Loewen from The Goodie Box. Too fun! Not that they knew who we were by any means! Maybe some of their talent will rub off on us!



These are my goodies: some adorable paper (you can't really see it, but on the circle one the circles are glittery every so often. Love it!) bling from Heidi Swapp (a girl can NEVER have to much bling!) some black number brads (can't wait to try these out on Cam's new clock) and way too many adorable little stamps (I couldn't help myself, they were $1.29 each!!) Oh, I forgot the parenthesis chipboard and little flowers to complete a different project. My day wouldn't have been complete without them!


Next stop: Michaels. Hey, I should have asked for a coupon and gone back for my album! We found these adorable little containers. They have a little handle and everything! They are at the top of the picture. I'm not sure yet where they are going, but I'll be sure to find somewhere perfect for them!


Last stop: HomeSense. I have never been in this store before, but at Scrapbook Diva's they had an altered clock that was soooo cute. The guts were a clock from HomeSense. So, because it was beside Michaels, we had to check it out. Plus, I have a friend addicted to this store and I really did need to give it a look! I really, really should not have gone in. Hello, my name is Kaylani, and I'm a HomeSense addict. They should start this program, I'm gonna need it soon!
I picked up this great clock for the living room that I am going to alter. The grapes in the center really aren't my thing, but otherwise I love it! Yah for clearance items! It'll look fabulous once the front is done. Plus, some iron work for the wall beside the clock. I actually got 2 of these and am still deciding if I love them or not. I really like them, but do I love them? We'll see.
And last but definitely not least, this colander yelled to me. It didn't just talk to me, or smile and asked to be picked up. I saw it, ran to it, and couldn't put it down. Seriously, it didn't even go in my cart, I had to carry it everywhere! I told you, Hello, my name is Kaylani......
I love, love, love it! What am I going to do with a pick colander you ask? Why, it is to hold all my adhesives in my craft room, what else? I couldn't put it in a cupboard and only see it everytime we have pasta. No no no. This will make me smile everytime I see it. Worth every penny!
Well, its time to say good night, but go check out HomeSense soon!
~Kaylani

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Aw HA! I LOVE the clock and iron "thing". THey are SO my thing. I have iron things on my walls and a clock similar to the one you pictured. I too love Homesense. That store just makes Total sense to me. LOL!! Now if only my bank account agreed. I'd be there a whole lot more than I am. : S